1. PFLAG National– We advocate at the state, local and federal level for full legal equality for the LGBTQ and their families so that all people can work, study, play, pray and live safely and happily. Our local chapters like PFLAG Cedar Rapids provide local support groups, education and advocacy.
2. National, State and Local Resources
3. Welcoming Our Trans Family and Friends
4. PFLAG Cedar Rapids Book Lists for Parents, Counselors & Young Adults (Mature), Middle School and Elementary level kids.
5. PFLAG Cedar Rapids Support Group Guidelines and more
6. PFLAG Tips for the Holidays and Tips for Allies
7. Resources for PFLAG Cedar Rapids
Health & Wellness
• Click HERE to check out your local LGBTQA friendly health clinic and the free services they can provide including testing, contraception and immunizations. In addition, the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics in Iowa City and Coralville offer a variety of services for the LGBT community that you can learn more about by clicking HERE.
• Request an appointment and check out the resources that the University of Iowa LGBTQ Clinic has to offer.
• Queer-friendly counselors and therapists
• LGBTQ+ Substance Use Disorders and Addiction: Causes, Resources & Treatment
• For free online emotional support 7 days a week from 9am – 2am visit Iowa Crisis Chat.
• Gender Spectrum is working to create gender sensitivity and inclusive environments for children & teens.
• Local welcoming religious homes
• Local resource to Hair Care for the Transgender Individual
• LGBTQIA+ safe and friendly travel resources including cruises, resorts, camping and B&Bs!
Arts & Entertainment
• CRPrideFest: A week long celebration filled with family friendly events that will be held July 1 – July 8, 2018. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
• Frameline Youth In Motion: Get free LGBTQ films for your GSA! Youth In Motion offers student activists and teachers LGBTQ themed films and interactive tools to help educate and build student leadership and activist skills, completely free of charge! This collection includes short films representing a range of LGBT youth experiences from authentic self-expression to classmate crushes to films that delve into the dangers of bullying. Like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter! Visit their website to register.
• The Trevor Project: Founded in 1998 by the creators of the Academy Award®-winning short film TREVOR, The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning young people ages 13-24.
• LGBTQIA+ individuals are represented in all socio-economic, ethnic, class, religious and political sectors of the world. They also are represented among the aged and our sisters and brothers who struggle with disability. This page gives many helpful tools on dealing with disability and LGBTQIA+ identities. Click HERE for more information.
• Guide to Changing Legal Identity Documents in Iowa
• Click HERE for helpful information on state tax filing for same-sex couples.
Other Helpful Links