1. PFLAG National– We advocate at the state, local and federal level for full legal equality for the LGBTQ and their families so that all people can work, study, play, pray and live safely and happily. Our local chapters like PFLAG Cedar Rapids provide local support groups, education and advocacy.
2. National, State and Local Resources
3. PFLAG Cedar Rapids Book Lists for Parents, Counselors & Young Adults (Mature), Middle School and Elementary level kids.
4. Equality101 – This short list of terms should help get you started on becoming equality-literate.
5. PFLAG Cedar Rapids Support Group Guidelines and more
6. PFLAG Tips for the Holidays and Tips for Allies
7. Resources for PFLAG Cedar Rapids; local welcoming religious homes, QUEER friendly counselors/ therapists.
- General National LGBTQIA+ Visibility Calendar
- Cedar Rapids Pride Fest : Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Pride July 7, 2018 is a family friendly event that will be held from 11:00AM until 4:00PM.
- Resources and expert advice for LGBTQ and Transgender college students
- College Scholarships offered to LGBTQ students
- Frameline Youth In Motion: Get free LGBTQ films for your GSA! Youth In Motion offers student activists and teachers LGBTQ themed films and interactive tools to help educate and build student leadership and activist skills, completely free of charge! Visit their website to register for the 2013-2014 collection, Insights: Queer Youth Defining Our Future. This collection includes short films representing a range of LGBT youth experiences from authentic self-expression to classmate crushes to films that delve into the dangers of bullying. Like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter!
- Welcoming Our Trans Family and Friends , Gender Spectrum, Guide to Changing Legal Identity Documents, Local Resource Cedar Rapids for Care of Hair for the Transgender Individual
- Click HERE to check out your local LGBTQA friendly health clinic and the free services they can provide including testing, contraception and immunizations.
- The Trevor Project : Founded in 1998 by the creators of the Academy Award®-winning short film TREVOR, The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) young people ages 13-24.
- LGBTQIA+ individuals are represented in all socio-economic, ethnic, class, religious and political sectors of the world. They also are represented among the aged and our sisters and brothers who struggle with disability. This page gives many helpful tools on dealing with disability and LGBTQIA+ identities. Click HERE for more information.
- Click HERE for helpful information on state tax filing for same-sex couples.
© 2016 PFLAG Cedar Rapids Legal Notice Terms